Kelly's Blog

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Taranaki Netball Trail

On Sunday me and Connie got to go to a netball trail, for the year 7 Taranaki.
When we got there we were freezing cold in the frost at half past nine in the morning.
At first we had to get our number ton our leg. Mine was 4, Connie’s was 5.
Me and Connie pasted the ball around.
There were about 70 kids there and they had to narrow it down to 35 really.
The first thing we had to do was get in to groups of Shooting, mid court and defence. Then we got in to five. And we got a group of five from the mid and the defence and they were the groups for the day.
The first skill we did was dodging and to get the hang of that we played ball tag. When the 20 minutes were up we went to the next rotation which was really, really boring and so were the next 2.
When finally finished we got back all together to have a couple of fun netball games. To show the selectors what we got.
Me and Connie had only got to play two games.
The first game I went GA and then the second I went my favourite position GS.
At least I was getting all my goals in.
When every body had a couple games they called us in to tell us if we are in the top 35.
The lady beside Rachel said that they weren’t going to call the names out in a particular order but they did the called it from the order of your number. So I didn’t have to wait very long because I was number four and Connie was five.
When they had finished calling out the girls that go in to the next trail, we had to go and make sure that they had our right positions.
When it was all over I was very relived that I might have a chance in the Taranaki team and hopefully I do get in with Connie as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home